Twitter Suspends Source Of Donald Trump’s Much-Blasted Anti-Muslim Retweets
Monday morning, Twitter suspended the account of the deputy leader of nationalist UK party Britain First. It was Fransen’s graphic anti-Muslim videos that Trump re-tweeted late last month, causing widespread outrage and disgust among Brit politicians. Trump’s retweets also were addressed in a statement from the White House, insisting it does not matter whether the videos are real, or fake, because they illustrate President Trump’s talking points about national security, which is all that matters.
Twitter also ixnayed the Britain First account, as well as the party’s big cheese Paul Golding, various media outlets reported Monday.
Brit PM Prime Minister Theresa May was among those blasting Trump on November 29 after his early morning re-tweets, to his 44M followers, of three videos from the woman previously convicted of a hate crime.
The clips were titled: “Muslim migrant beats up Dutch boy on crutches,” “Muslim Destroys a Statue of Virgin Mary,” and “Islamist mob pushes teenage boy off roof and beats him to death.”
Dutch authorities said the first video did not involve migrants as Franksen suggested. The video of a man being pushed off a rooftop was filmed in Egypt during the 2013 overthrow of president Mohamed Morsi, Buzzfeed reported. No intel yet on the origins of the video of a Virgin Mary statue destruction.
Day of Donald Trump re-tweet, White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders told a group of reporters the authenticity of the videos is irrelevant.
“We’re talking about border security right now, we’re about the need for it… so I think it is accomplishing exactly that,” Sanders said.
Asked if the President of the United States vetted the video before posting, Sanders responded, “Whether it is a real video, the threat is real. And, that is what the president is talking about, that is what the president is focused on, is dealing with those real threats… You’re focusing on the wrong thing. The threats are real. And that is what the president is talking about.”
The post Twitter Suspends Source Of Donald Trump’s Much-Blasted Anti-Muslim Retweets appeared first on News Wire Now.